22 Jul Family Matters
July 22 & 23, 2017
Pastor Mark Edwards
1. The family is at the center of God’s purpose for this world.
2. Parents, be intentional about leading and serving your family first.
3. The church, the body of Christ, needs to be the prevailing source of love and support for families in our community.
• What relationship in your family needs attention?
• Name a family in your neighborhood that you can pray for, love and support?
Life Group Discussion Question
1. What does God say is the benefit to leading your family according to His laws and decrees? (vv.1-2)
2. When Moses began to share with the Israelites, why do you think he began with the statement, the Lord is one? (v.4)
3. God made the value of family very clear. The fifth commandment says, “Honor your father and mother”. How does this become established early in a child’s life? (vv.6-9)
4. Share about a person from your childhood that had a strong, positive influence on your life. What was it about this person that made such an impact?
5. Consider the children in your life (family, neighborhood, work). What are some ways that you can share God’s character and qualities with them?
Share specific prayer requests connected to your family. Pray for each others families, their children and/or grandchildren. Along with prayer, is there anything that your Life Group can do to support each other in these situations?