BOMBARDED WITH TEMPTATION
July 14 & 15, 2018
Navigating Your Situation (Genesis 39:1-23)
1. New blessings can bring new complications, that include new traps.
2. Cultivate overlooked habits: distancing from trouble, verbalizing truth, and running from evil desires.
3. You can respond well and yet be misunderstood, have significant loss, and experience long-term injustice.
Your peace, purity, restoration, and vindication are all brought about as you abide deeply with God.
Life Group Discussion Questions
1. What were the blessings and challenges of Joseph's promotion? (Genesis 39:1-7)
2. How is our culture overamped with sexual temptation and how is distancing so important? (Genesis 39:8-10)
3. What are some of the devil's favorite lies and traps? (Genesis 39:11-18)
4. How does Scripture help you daily to resist temptation? (Psalm 119:9-11)
5. Have you ever made a good decision, but it still had rough consequences? (Genesis 39:19-23)
6. How do you usually respond after you mess up? (1 John 1:5-10)
7. How can you grow in obedience to Jesus? (1 John 5:3-5)